LPIC-1: Preparation for Exam 101
This course is designed to help you to prepare to meet the objectives required for passing the 101 exam that is required for LPIC-1 certification. The course is updated agaist the v4.0 objectives.
The course is hands-on and you will be provided with full course notes, virtual machines (Debian and CentOS) and instructions how to install and use them during the training.
A link to the video recoding of the lecturer’s screen will be sent to you after each session.
- 101.1 Determine and configure hardware settings
- 101.2 Boot the system
- 101.3 Change runlevels/boot targets and shutdown or reboot system
- 102.1 Design hard disk layout
- 102.2 Install a boot manager
- 102.3 Manage shared libraries
- 102.4 Use Debian package management
- 102.5 Use RPM and YUM package management
- 103.1 Work on the command line
- 103.2 Process text streams using filters
- 103.3 Perform basic file management
- 103.4 Use streams, pipes and redirects
- 103.6 Modify process execution priorities
- 103.7 Search text files using regular expressions
- 103.8 Perform basic file editing operations using vi
- 104.1 Create partitions and filesystems
- 104.2 Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- 104.3 Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- 104.4 Manage disk quotas
- 104.5 Manage file permissions and ownership
- 104.6 Create and change hard and symbolic links
- 104.7 Find system files and place files in the correct location
The overall duration of the course is 16 hours.
- At your site
- Live on-line instructor-led
- Public classes